How to solve multiple account issues?
If you're getting an authorization or a multiple account issue error message when trying to use Mergo, then read this article to know how to get through this issue. Specifically, you will learn how to correctly login to separate sessions in your Chrome browser so you can use Mergo from multiple accounts.
Why am I getting an error message?
If you are connected with several accounts in the same Chrome browser, Mergo might try to access your spreadsheet with the wrong account, and you could have one the following error messages in the sidebar:
“Mergo is lacking the authorizations needed to run.”
“Multiple accounts issue. Please log out of your account XXX to use Mergo with the account YYY.”
To solve this problem, please make sure that you are logged in with a single Google account per Chrome session. Follow this tutorial to learn how to do so:
1. From your Google Sheets, click the profile photo next to the Share button:
2. Click "Sign out of all accounts":
Note: Notice the "Default" mention next to one of your account: This is your primary account. Please keep this default account in mind, as you'll need it for step 4.
3. Click "Continue" then "Delete an account":
4. Delete (all) the secondary account(s) that was NOT marked as "Default" in see step 2.
In our example, the secondary account that we will delete is the one with the purple "S" as the profile photo:
5. Login to your primary account again, then in your Chrome browser, click your profile picture next to the 3 dots menu:
6. Click "+Add":
7. Follow the instructions and login to the account you removed at step 4 (or to the account that you’ll use to send email campaigns with Mergo).
Once you’ve completed all those steps, you should be able to use Mergo on the right account without getting the error message anymore.
Note: As a best practice, always make sure that all your accounts are logged in separate Chrome browser sessions as shown from steps 5-7.